Ennis Montana-Madison River-Fly Fishing
-Frequently Asked Questions
INFORMATION FOR GUIDED FISHING TRIPS
What are some of the things you should bring?
- Clothing in layers for cool/cold to warmer temperatures
- A brimmed hat or ball cap for sun protection
- Rain jacket
- Polarized sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes to stand in and or sandals for water in the warmer months
- Any medications or allergy related products you might need for the day
- Your own fishing rods and reels if you have them and can travel with them
What should you expect for weather?
- Spring can bring everything from rain/snow and colder temperature to warm sunny weather
- Summer usually brings cool mornings and warm sunny afternoons, rain and thunderstorms can be common
- Fall can be a warm extension of the summer or can turn to colder, rain and snow storms
- Winter is usually colder and can range from low 20s to mid 40s for high temperatures
What does Montana Fish Man provide?
- We can provide fly rods and reels for all the fishing we will do
- We provide all the flies needed for the day of fishing, purchasing extra flies from shops or from us is fine
- We can provide polarized sunglasses for those that do not have them and can explain the benefits
- We can provide transportation to and from lodging
- Guides carry extra rain gear
- We provide lunches and beverages for the day, with notice we can accommodate dietary requirements
What we do not provide?
- Montana Fish Man Outfitting does not provide Montana Fishing Licenses, License can be purchased at Montana FWP
- We do not provide alcoholic beverages although it is ok for you to bring something that you might like
What to expect from your guide?
- You can expect your guide to be friendly, knowledgeable and patient
- Guides can be expected to work hard for you to help meet your goals
- Guides will be prompt, professional and courteous
- Our guides are great with kids as many are raising future anglers themselves
- Guides will have up to date and safe equipment and be prepared for what the day brings